Lemony Feta Deviled Eggs
Makes: 12 deviled eggs
Total Time: 1 hour
Hands-On Time: 30 minutes
6 large eggs
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and add enough cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a tightfitting lid, and let sit for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl halfway with ice and add cold water to cover; set aside.
- When the eggs are ready, transfer into the bowl and let sit until completely cold, about 15 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Set the egg-white halves aside and place the yolks in a medium bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks and stir and mash until completely smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. (If not ready to serve, cover the egg-white halves and yolk mixture separately with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.)
- Using a spoon or piping bag, fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture and serve immediately.